Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Jack | Salinas Baby Photographer

I met Brandi years ago playing hockey, but through the years of college, jobs and marriage we lost touch. God bless Facebook! My older sister Emily who went to the same college as Brandi of course had her as a friend, and a few months ago while trolling Em's friends to search for more of my own I came across her name and added her. I knew that Brandi was married and pregnant and I remember seeing her update that she had her baby pop up on facebook so I congratulated her and oogled the adorable pictures of Baby Jack just like everyone else.

Well, about four days ago Brandi emailed me and asked for some help with a picture for an announcement, we got to talking and she ended up asking me to do some family shots that weekend. I stupidly didn't check the calendar for that day and was blissfully unaware that Moto GP at Laguna Seca (their biggest money maker of the year, which means tons and tons of people) and the Gilroy Garlic Festival were all going on that day. Traffic SUCKED. I am *never* late. Anyone that knows me can testify to that. And I most definitely am never ever never ever late to photography shoots. But this was a first- I pulled up half an hour late to Brandi and Darin's home and was appalled at myself. Luckily, Brandi and Darin are super easygoing and just ushered me into their house.

Little Jack is THE cutest baby I think I may have ever seen. Seriously. You just want to snuggle up to him and kiss him. He's got the sweetest cheeks, the softest hair and the biggest smile. I don't remember my kids ever smiling that much at seven weeks, but little Jack just grinned through our whole session. I loved him. He made me want to race home and hug my own kids.

One of my favorite things about family shoots is watching the parents interact with the kids. There was something so wonderful about the way Darin and Brandi took care of Jack. Darin handled him with such attention and love. And Brandi- well, as one mom to another, I know how you feel but you showed it so incredibly well to my camera. These pictures just show a glimpse of how amazingly in love you are with your little man.









One of my most favorite father/son pictures I've ever taken.












This is the look I'm talking about. The expression on Brandi's face just pulls on my heart strings.















I have to give the link out for the slideshow (here) because it has one of my most very favorite songs ever! And because Baby Jack is so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment